Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Beach

Let me have the privilege to share a dazzling experience in Maya Bay, Phi Phi Islands.


Let me introduce you to THE BEACH. Yup. The Beach. You know.. The beach as in THE BEACH the movie… Remember? The movie about the beach? The beautiful beach?

Do I make myself clear here? Hehehehe…



Before I went to Phuket, I did a research on it and browsed for what to do there to make the most of it. One of them was… going on a trip to Phi Phi Islands. But the price is quite expensive for a budget traveler like moi (hehehe). So, I didn’t put too much effort on it.

BUT

When I got to Phuket and saw this brochure (YEP! About Phi Phi Island Tour), it said that one of the program is visiting M A Y A Beach.. the location that was used in THE BEACH movie, starring Leonardo Di Caprio and Virginie Ledoyen.

OKAY! Count me in please!

I was so mesmerized by the beach in that movie. The beach that the characters are living on is surrounded by the high sea cliffs from the sea. It’s like a very private area, an exceptional swimming pool.
Passing the chance to visit the actual location? That would be extremely silly!!

Then I spent the first night at Phuket filled with great excitement, thinking about the tour



……



….


Maya Bay, 10 A.M Phuket Time

It was truly, undoubtedly & literally.. breathtaking.








See it for yourself

Click - [The Video]

and this is a little picture of it




Maya Bay is located on Phi Leh island, part of a national park about 350 miles south of Bangkok. And about 55 minutes from Phuket Island by speedboat.

In the movie, the beach is hidden from the sea by a cliff. Maya Bay is open to the sea, but special effects were used to close this gap to make it the true secret lagoon which the book called for.

Unfortunately, there were tourists everywhere so I didn’t have the privacy to suck in the full experience.. hehehehe

Interested for some more? Go check this site



Trust me, it’s paradise. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home