Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lydiette .heart. Elliott Yamin

Elliott Yamin, who happens to be the only one male contestant in American Idol history who captured my heart wonderfully (after Mario Vasquez bailed out from the top 12 last year)..

…is eliminated.




Elliot Yamin!








He’s purely talented, and the most soulful person I’ve seen in this reality show. The way he sings every week simply moves my heart to higher dimension of music enjoyment. I hold my breath every time he sings… and he continually makes me fall in love with his abundant charm.


The Journey

I like him since the very beginning, when he sang ‘A Song for You’ in audition. Although physically he’s so not the hunk type, but his voice somewhat could win my heart in a snap of fingers.

Then on Hollywood week, he outshined the others in his group.

My heart fell for him deeper with his rendition of Stevie Wonder’s song “If You Really Love Me” in top 24 week. Also the week after that, "Moody’s Mood for Love".... I couldn’t stop being amazed by his magnificent voice.

He had his ups and downs, cause I admit it that sometimes Elliott is kinda hard to loosen up. But besides that, his voice is really amazing. Simon said that he’s one of the best male vocalists in American Idol history.

I don’t know why people gave him the underdog title. Because he’s not physically attractive?

The fact is.. he wins every heart of his fans solely because of his heart-stirring talent. Nothing else.
And he deserves every part of it.

Last Night

Actually there’s nothing wrong with the way Elliott sang last night. Like always, he performed a beautiful range of vocals with all three songs.

But..

The Song Choice.

Paula absolutely just picked a song for Elliott that was so-so. Maybe back in her younger days, she secretly fell in love with Bobby Caldwell, and wished that the song “What You Won’t Do For Love’ was made for her. Yeah… what she won’t do for love? Even it was sabotaging the destiny of a gifted man. Huhuhuhu

The third song, Elliott’s choice, might cause him the elimination. But.. the reality is.. Elliott stays true to himself. (About his personal selection, it will be discussed further in my next post)


And last night was also the proof that not all contestants can handle criticism. Where others snap at the judges and make rude faces, Elliott nods to their opinions and takes it like a man.



…..Elliott, even if you don’t win American Idol,you already win millions of hearts out there… Thank you for sharing your beautiful spirit and heart-wrenching voice.


I’m praying that this is just a beginning for you..


*Proud to be an Indonesian Yaminion.



7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I posted about this today too. I am really upset. I will not be watching Idol anymore- and I know a LOT of people who agree. He was by far the most talented. He captured my heart as well.

5:54 AM  
Blogger lydiette said...

to Kristen

:)

happy to find another Elliott's fan..

Here in my surroundings, It's quite hard to find another Elliott's devotee.. hehehe

but you have to watch Idol on Wednesday, coz our Elliott will be performing with other 11 contestants, right?

Let's pray together that Elliott will have a bright future.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Farina Situmorang said...

Me heart Yamin too.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like plain...not yamin... :P

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.......i like plain...not yamin.. :P

2:06 PM  
Blogger lydiette said...

Dear f-word

hellow my fellow Yaminion.. :)

3:15 PM  
Blogger lydiette said...

to am28

As you can see

we're talking about a very talented man here.. not food...

Is that clear Mister?

:P

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home